Liverpool are gearing up to face Arsenal in a huge Premier League clash on Sunday afternoon but the transfer speculation shows no sign of slowing down approaching Monday evening's summer window deadline.
Alexander Isak's future will be sorted before he heads off to international duty with Sweden next week but it remains as unclear as ever whether he will remain at Newcastle by 5pm Monday despite his attempts to force his way out.
There remains potential of a late deal for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi too, though much depends on how the Eagles fare when it comes to securing a replacement for their captain
Here are the big transfer tales to keep an eye on from in and around Anfield ahead of a crunch few days on and off the pitch.
READ MORE: Transfer News LIVE: Newcastle close to Isak replacement, Arsenal's Hincapie hope, Man Utd and Man City latest
READ MORE: The new AI tool helping football clubs in the transfer market - 'A perfect fit'
Isak interviewAlexander Isak could be set to give his side of the story about his refusal to play for Newcastle and his attempts to force through a move to Liverpool. Isak wants to join the Reds and is hoping a deal can be finalised before the transfer window closes.
The 25-year-old broke his silence on the saga last week, releasing a statement that claimed Newcastle have broken promises they made to him. "I've kept quiet for a long time while others have spoken," he said.
"That silence has allowed people to push their own version of events, even though they know it doesn't reflect what was really said and agreed behind closed doors. The reality is that promises were made and the club has known my position for a long time."
Isak has been named in the Sweden squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Slovenia and Kosovo and the Newcastle Chronicle are reporting that he has been 'asked to fulfil press duties by the Swedish FA.
Newcastle's search for a new striker continues to drag on, with the Magpies already seeing eight bids for five different players rejected so far this summer... which is delaying the prospect of Isak ending up at Anfield.
Here is the full guide to a summer of missed targets and frustration for Eddie Howe and the St James' Park hierarchy - including one star who has already joined the Reds.
Guehi conundrumCrystal Palace are preparing for life without Marc Guehi by scouring the transfer market for replacements for their captain. Guehi has entered the final year of his Palace contract and the club know they have to cash in now or risk losing him for nothing in a year’s time.
Liverpool entered talks to sign the England international on August 12 and remain keen on the 26-year-old centre-back. Guehi is understood to be open to joining the defending Premier League champions, who want to add depth beyond Virgil van Dijk and Ibrahima Konate.
Talks fizzled out earlier this month over valuation, with Palace quoting £45million for their star defender, while Liverpool won’t go above £35m. But they are expected to gather pace once again after Palace’s Conference League play-off against Fredrikstad on Thursday night.
Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don't like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you're curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
You may also like
Girl, 4, watches in horror as dad gets 'beaten to a pulp' during family dinner
Not reducing OBC quota for Maratha reservation: Maha Dy CM
Monsoon Makeup: Matte or Glossy – Which Lipstick Gives the Perfect Look?
Man Utd 'reach verbal transfer agreement' as flight booked for striker
Gaz Beadle's ex-wife Emma McVey engaged two years after bitter split from Geordie Shore star